How Our Physiotherapy Helps Patients in Libertyville, IL
Physiotherapy has a wide range of benefits, from pain relief to posture correction. If you’re looking for physiotherapy services in Libertyville, IL, we welcome you to Skarbek Chiropractic. Physiotherapy coupled with other chiropractic techniques can help restore your body’s health and wellness. The best thing about this treatment is that it works without the need for prescription medications or invasive surgeries.
How Can Physiotherapy Help You?
Our Physiotherapy aims to heal injuries, diseases, and disorders through physical methods like massage, exercise, and manipulation. Our treatment can help improve conditions, including:
- Cardiovascular conditions - including emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis, chronic heart disease, or rehabilitation after a heart attack
- Respiratory illnesses - like cystic fibrosis, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Neurological conditions - including Parkinson’s disease, acquired brain injuries, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, stroke, and rehabilitation following brain surgery
- Musculoskeletal ailments (orthopedic physiotherapy) - such as incontinence, bursitis, sports and workplace injuries, posture problems, back pain, arthritis, reduced mobility, sprains and strains, rehabilitation after surgery, and whiplash-associated disorders
What Is Heat Treatment in Physiotherapy?
Heat treatment involves using different types of heat wraps to treat various conditions. The heat used can also be in the form of:
- Hot water bottle
- Heat pack
Benefits of Heat Treatment
Heat treatment helps to speed up recovery by increasing blood flow to the affected part. When the physiotherapist applies heat to the injured area, increased blood flow brings more oxygen and nutrients to the area, hastening the repair. Other benefits of heat therapy include:
- Reduction in joint pain and stiffness
- Increased flexibility
- Muscle relaxation
- Reduced inflammation
What Is Cold Treatment in Physiotherapy?
Cold involves using a cryo cuff (cold therapy unit) or ice to treat injuries. This therapy effectively treats ligament and muscle injuries. It is also used to promote the healing of bruises and swelling arising from impact injuries. Cold treatment is also commonly used to speed up the healing of acute soft tissue injuries.
Benefits of Cold Treatment
Unlike heat treatment, cold therapy results in a lower metabolism rate on the injured part. As a result, the affected tissue survives, and the recovery process begins. Other advantages of cold therapy include:
- Pain relief
- Reduced swelling
- Reduced muscle spasm
Contact Us for Physiotherapy from Our Libertyville Chiropractor
If you’re looking for ‘physiotherapy near me,’ Skarbek Chiropractic is here to help patients in and around the Libertyville area. If you’re unsure if this technique is right for you, our chiropractor can evaluate your condition to determine what treatment will benefit you. Contact us at 847-778-2204 for inquiries or to book an appointment today.